Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Blog Post #6


The images that are displayed were taken from one of my sources that I used in my final paper. It was taken from the article's name is "The Dark Power of Fraternities" which is even perfect for describing what my entire paper is about. The images are of men who are in a fraternity and engaging in drinking alcohol. I picked these images for my visual more because they came from the article. I truly believe my whole paper can be summarized using simply the title of the article. My final paper attempts to prove to the reader that college students partake in risky drinking behaviors because students attend parties at fraternity parties and observe the Greek members engaging in binge drinking. Using the Social Norm Theory, I draw connections that students believe through observation/perception that it is the norm for college student to binge drink as well. Binge drinking can not be handled by everyone, and sometimes lead to fatal outcomes. Anyway, these fraternities have a lot of power, as in, influence, over the other college student. It is a dark power because it is giving student the misconception that it is normal to drink that much when attending a party, when it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment